YOUTH RED CROSS VOLUNTEER
At LICET, we always strive “To form responsible engineers, who would engineer a just society”. This is aptly done by inculcating values (ethical) and being empathetic towards others. Through Youth Red Cross, the students are moulded as engineers with humane dispositions which leads to the betterment of the society.
Through Youth Red Cross , whose parent institution is Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) , young volunteers make a significant change towards enhancing the Quality of life of people, nurturing nature and making earth a better place.
The mission of the Indian Red Cross is to inspire, encourage and initiate at all times all forms of humanitarian activities so that human sufferings can be minimized and even prevented and this contribute to create climate for peace
The unit of Youth Red Cross established in the year 2015 is ever active to accomplish vision and mission of LICET through various activities of social concern.
Presently, YRC has 75 students as its member and has numerous activities and tasks in pipeline for the growth of each individual and society on a whole.
Three Principles of Youth Red Cross :
- Protection of life – Health.
- Service to the sick and suffering – Service.
- Promotion of National and International friendship to develop mental and moral capacity of the Youth – Friendship
Adhering to Seven Fundamental Principles of Red Cross
- Voluntary service
Going in line with the action plan of the Indian Red Cross Society, youth are encouraged to work towards achieving the following objectives.
- Promoting humanitarian principles and values
- Disaster response
- Disaster preparedness
- Health and Care in the Community.
- To discover opportunities for self-awareness, and to develop leadership and organisational skills in the course of meeting new people.
- Be a part of inter-state and inter- district camps to create a friendly environment for interaction and cultural exchange. The camp allows youth to share their Red Cross experiences and learn many activities.
- Community Awareness programme
- Disaster Response
- Blood Donation
- Road Safety and awareness
- Health checkup and awareness
- Come, Join and make a difference
YRC Programme Officer
News & Events
Sports Achievement: Niharika I IT
Hearty congratulations to Niharika I IT for winning the Gold Medal