Frequently asked questions
Loyola-ICAM College of Engineering and Technology (LICET), is affiliated to Anna University. It is housed in Loyola Campus, Nungambakkam, Chennai and it is the only engineering college that belongs to the Jesuits in Tamil Nadu.
A Jesuit education institution with the importance of holistic formation having partnership with ICAM (Institut Catholique d’ Arts et Métiers), France and International exposure to students and faculty makes LICET unique.
The institution offers 5 undergraduate programs.
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. Information Technology
Yes, all the five programs of LICET (CSE, EEE, ECE, Mech and IT) are accredited by NBA (National Board of Accreditation).
50% of the admission is through the single window counselling of Anna University. The remaining 50% is through the management quota. The eligibility criteria for the management seat is the same as that of the criteria of Anna University. However, LICET considers students from first generation learners, marginalized and downtrodden backgrounds.
The registration can be done online and the application form is available in
Currently, LICET is NOT eligible to accept admissions through NRI quota.
● Within a short span of 10 years, LICET stands as one of the top 5 affiliated institutions in the state.
● LICET has active collaboration with IITs and several International Universities. ● LICET offers ample opportunities to students for their holistic formation through various platforms and club activities. ● LICET has excellent infrastructure facilities for higher order learning. It has well-equipped classrooms and laboratories, well-stocked libraries with online access to journals, excellent facilities for sports and games, 24/7 broadband facilities. ● LICET has around 95 well-qualified and dedicated faculty members. ● LICET has membership with various professional associations and MoUs with industries for collaborative research and internship
How are the placement opportunities provided to the students?
Placement percentage is consistently good. About 90% of the eligible students get placed in top companies. The average salary is about 4 lakhs per annum. Placement based training is given to the students as part of their regular schedule.
Apart from government scholarship schemes, many private scholarships are available for eligible and deserving students under merit, merit cum means, first generation learners, etc.
LICET is located in the heart of Chennai city and it is well connected by road and rail networks. However College bus facilities are available for limited routes.
Yes. Separate hostel is available for boys and girls inside the Loyola campus. For more details on hostel, hostel directors can be contacted.