The department has vibrant and active faculty who are continually updating their knowledge and skills through numerous quality improvement initiatives. The students are provided with every modern facility and design tool they will need to complete their projects. The Department is associated with NMEICT MHRD, Govt of India through “Spoken Tutorial Project” organizing FOSS online courses for the students and faculty, deeming LICET as the Nodal Centre. The Department coordinates the Virtual Lab facility, an initiative of NMEICT,MHRD for various labs such as Pattern recognition, Cryptography, Computer Networks and Data Structures. The Department has constant interaction with industries and public institutes of higher education such as Google, IIT, ICAM France, Capgemini, Calibrant, etc., for various workshops, visits, and faculty development programs. Training supported by Google for Android and Design Thinking, Cloud Computing and Redhat- RHCSA Training and certification contributes to the objectives of higher learning of the students. Research knowledge of students and faculty has been growing over the past years through national and international conferences organized by the department with publications in international journals and notable keynote speakers from USA, Malaysia. The Department transforms and accelerates the students to engage in Government initiated competitions like Smart India Hackathon, National level IIT projects, winning laurels for the department and college, proving that our students can be expert learners and provide solutions for the global community.
- To provide a practice oriented methodology with access to contemporary knowledge in Information Technology for the betterment of the society
- To prepare students for competent careers in Information Technology through innovation, team spirit, ethics and entrepreneurial skills in evolving technologies
- To integrate our department with quality organizations worldwide and promote industry institute interaction for symbiotic benefits
- To promote interdisciplinary research through innovation and reflective thinking
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Graduates will possess the ability to apply their technological skills to comprehend and analyze complex problems to design and implement the feasible solutions.
Graduates will acquire the desire for lifelong learning and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams for meeting the global challenges
Graduates will be able to exhibit professional ethics, skills for management and responsibility towards societal needs.
- PO1- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specific needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
Engineering Graduates will able to:
PSO1- Apply technological advances in the field of Information Technology for societal issues through professional ethics.
PSO2- Acquire design skills for conducting domain specific experiments and interpreting data to synthesize and analyze information
PSO3- Deploy appropriate algorithms, latest open source software and other related programming engineering applications
DR R JULIANA
Dr R Juliana is working as a Professor and Head of the Department of Information Technology at Loyola-ICAM College of Engineering and Technology, Nungambakkam, Chennai. She is enthusiastically driven to stay current with technology, to provide students an insight into their career pathways, well-rounded with hands-on technical skills required for a Technocrat.
DR A JANANI
Dr.A.Janani has specialized in Data Analytics and Data Science. She has 9.9 years of teaching and administrative experience. She has published around 20 papers in conferences and journals. She has also organized many conferences, seminars, workshops and faculty development programmes. She is one of the reviewers of Springer Journal on Real Time Image Processing. Her areas of interest include Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security.
Ms Prabha B
Ms Prabha B has specialized in Network security, Cloud computing and Machine Learning. She has 8.8 years of teaching and pursuing research in the field of Cloud Computing. She has published more than 15 research papers in conferences and reputed journals. She has been the department IQAC Coordinator and Spoken Tutorial Coordinator – an initiative of IIT Bombay funded by MHRD. Life time member in ISTE & CSI.