General rules and regulations
Students are the ambassadors and torch-bearers of LICET by letting their Light shine in the world. The following rules and regulations, although meant to be deterrent to wrongdoing, would serve better if taken as sign posts and traffic signals for the smooth running of the college.
The following are strictly forbidden. Any violation of these rules will result in dismissal/suspension from the college:
- Ragging of any kind and any magnitude inside or outside the college campus.
NOTICE ON RAGGING
As per the directions of the Supreme Court by SLP No. 24295 of 2006 dated 16-05-2007 and the Notification F.No.37-3/Legal/AICTE/2009 issued by the AICTE – New Delhi, students are asked to note the following.
“Ragging is a heinous crime and is punishable under various sections of Law.”
The following are some of the acts considered as Ragging and are punishable.
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which cause or likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or show off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
The Institution can make any one or combination of the following punishments against the students who indulge in ragging:
- Cancellation of admission
- Debarring from appearing for any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
- If anyone is found guilty of ragging, he/she is entitled to a Rigorous Imprisonment for Two Years and Penalty by the Indian Penal Code. If the crime is of sexually oriented then the punishment may go up to 10 years Rigorous Imprisonment and penalty.
- Use of cellular phones within the campus.
- Use of cellular phones inside the buildings/corridors. (Violation of it will result in confiscation of the mobile phones).
As students enter the campus the mobiles must be in switched-off mode and kept in their purses/ pockets/bags and not taken out for any reason until they leave the premises. Any communications through mobile (oral or SMS) should be done outside the college premises.
- Any kind of wild noisy and disturbing behaviour/celebrations in the campus.
- Chewing gums, smoking, and use of tobacco in any form in any part of the campus.
- Possession/use of drugs, alcohol or peddling drugs in the campus or anywhere else.
- Causing damage to the college/public property by scribbling on walls, graffiti writing, scratching walls/toilets, breaking furniture, lab equipment, damaging fittings and pipes etc.
- Taking tuition from the teachers of our college without prior written permission from the Principal .
- Tampering with the contents or misuse of the college / library identity cards, train/bus passes, tickets and tokens
- Any kind of misconduct/misbehaviour inside/outside the campus (in public places, buses, trains, etc.) or detection of foot-board travel, blocking the traffic, unruly behaviour in buses/trains or any kind of annoyance to the public will also result in the immediate withdrawal/permanent cancellation of all student travel concessions and the scholarships.
- Racing or driving without wearing a helmet or with defective silencers or parking the vehicles outside the parking area in the campus.
- Malpractices such as cheating, bribing, gambling, copying in tests/ exams, giving false declarations, spreading rumours/ unfounded accusations / writing / printing / distributing / displaying unauthorized notices of any kind, etc. in the campus or anywhere else.
- Inviting/meeting strangers or unauthorized person(s) inside the campus without written permission from the Principal.
- Standing in parking places and chatting during class hours.
- Forming or taking part in associations without prior approval from the Principal and taking part in any antisocial and subversive activities inside/outside the campus.
DRESS CODE FOR BOYS:
- Formal shirt and formal pants with formal shoes must be worn on Mondays.
- T-Shirts with collars, normal pants without multiple pockets and jean pants are allowed on other days of the week.
- Round neck T-shirts, T Shirts with captions and Jumpers are not allowed.
- Ultra slim fit jeans, worn out jeans and torn jeans are not allowed.
- Shoes are a must. Sandals or slippers are not allowed.
- Clean hairstyle should be followed on all days.
- Hair coloring is not allowed.
DRESS CODE FOR GIRLS:
- Churidars/Salwar kameez must be worn on Mondays.
- Dupatta neatly pinned on both sides is mandatory on all days.
- Below-knee kurthi tops with decent full-length pants are allowed on other days of the week.
- Leggings are allowed only for long tops without slits.
- T-shirts, short tops, skirts, folded pants, 3/4th pants torn trousers, and sleeveless dresses are not allowed.
- Hair coloring is strictly not allowed; free hairstyles are not allowed.