- To develop highly skilled electronics engineers capable of conceiving, designing and implementing solutions for technical problems.
- To expand knowledge related to information and communication technology essential for the national and global requirements through research based education.
- To provide a holistic environment for the development of intellectual, social and personal abilities of students.
- To develop a center of excellence in VLSI and Embedded system design for Internet of Things.
- To provide international exposure to students through collaboration with universities abroad.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Graduates apply the acquired mathematical, scientific and engineering skills to meet the growing challenges of industry, pursue higher education and research.
Graduates provide solutions to contemporary engineering problems in the fields of Electronics and Communication by employing modern techniques and tools.
Graduates possess the capacity to embrace leadership and team work opportunities and also entrepreneurial ventures to design, develop and implement innovative systems for societal, global, and environmental issues.
Graduates engage in lifelong learning, continuous improvement and adapt to trending technologies.
DR.EGFIN NIRMALA D
Dr. D. Egfin Nirmala is a Professor and the Head of the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, LICET. She received her Ph.D in Information & Communication Engineering and M.E from MIT, Anna University and has over 25 years of experience in teaching. Her research interests include Data and Image fusion, Soft computing, Signal, and
Image Processing. She has reviewed papers for IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering and IETE Journal of Research.
DR KUNARAJ K
Dr Kunaraj K completed B.Tech from Pondicherry Engineering College, Masters in Applied electronics from College of Engineering Guindy and Ph.D. from Anna University, Chennai. He has experience in logic design, worked in NIOT-sponsored projects in underwater signal processing and also carried outpost-doctoral research in Mayo Clinic, Rochester,USA. He is a winner of Intel FPGA grants and NVIDIA GPU grants. His research interests include digital logic design and medical image computing.
DR BALAJI S
Dr S Balaji received his Ph.D in Information & Communication Engineering from Anna University in 2018 and Master’s degree in VLSI Design from Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India in 2007. His research interest includes VLSI Design, Radiation Hardened ASICs, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.