The department maintains an active relationship with industry in order to expose students to new opportunities and to bridge the gap between industry and academia. The department is managing G-Suite for education to offer various ICT services offered by Google. It also provides various global certification programmes under Red Hat Academy. The department organizes and manages National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technologies (NMEICT), Faculty Development Programmes, College to Corporate Programmes and Aakash R&D offered by IIT Bombay and Kharagpur under MHRD, Government of India. A grant of around 20 lakhs has been received as part of this project. The students of the department have brought out a number of innovative projects such as Project AR Labs, Implantable Hearing Machine, Project MicrOS, etc. The software team of the Department has made a laudable contribution by developing software for campus management, attendance helpline and online test. Many of the students are well placed in leading software companies such as Infosys, Tech Mahindra, SAP, Vernalis, etc. As part of the MoU with ICAM, France, every year around 10 to 15 students along with a faculty member are sent to ICAM campuses in France to complete technical projects.
- To inculcate learnability skills in the student to acquire knowledge in the fundamentals of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To bring out the creativeness in the mind of the student leading to innovation and research.
- To develop professional skills and adaptiveness through collaborative activities.
- To create awareness on ethical values and involve the student to serve the societal needs.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Graduates apply the acquired mathematical, scientific and engineering skills to meet the growing challenges of industry, pursue higher education and research.
- Graduates provide solutions to contemporary engineering problems in the fields of Electronics and Communication by employing modern techniques and tools.
- Graduates possess the capacity to embrace leadership and team work opportunities and also entrepreneurial ventures to design, develop and implement innovative systems for societal, global, and environmental issues.
- Graduates engage in lifelong learning, continuous improvement and adapt to trending technologies
DR GOPALAKRISHNAN K
Dr. K Gopalakrishnan is a Professor and the Head of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. He has 5 years of experience in research as Senior Research Fellow and ten years of teaching experience in reputed engineering institutions till March 2020.
MS S NIRMALA
Ms Nirmala S is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. She is interested in Mathematical foundations of Computer Science. She teaches Theory of Computation, Compiler Design, Design and Analysis of Algorithms
DR SENGOLE MERLIN S
Dr S. Sengole Merlin is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. Her research interests include Cloud security, Mobile Cloud Services, Cryptography and Network Security. She comes with a blend of Industry and academic experience and has a total experience of 13 Years.