Rotaract is a service club for young people ages 18 to 30 who are dedicated to finding innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges while developing leadership skills and making friends from around the world. Rotaract clubs decide how to organize and run their own clubs, manage their funds, and plan and carry out activities and service projects that are important to their communities. Rotary clubs that sponsor Rotaract clubs offer guidance and support and work with Rotaractors as partners in service.
To enhance and nurture technical, managerial and organizational skills in the students by having interdisciplinary, gender equal and social equality teams, by inculcating problem solving ability, preparing for 21st century skills.
- To develop professional and leadership skills
- To emphasize respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual
- To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve
- To recognize, practice, and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems, and opportunities in the community and worldwide
- To provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill toward all people
Rotaract Club of LICET is sponsored by Rotary club of Madras Northwest (District 3232) Rotaract clubs organize a variety of projects and activities, depending primarily on the interests of the club members. However, within the Rotaract program, all clubs undertake three types of activities in varying degrees:
- Professional development
- Leadership development